9.8.09

late summer honesty, depression, sometime inspiration.




So I usually try to keep it fairly impersonal on here, which I think ends up costing me in regularity of posting. Trying to manufacture depth in posts on things (operative word) which interest me when I'm carrying a rather heavy load personally can be more than I can bear. So, here you go-
Lately (and by lately I mean the last couple of years, up to right now) I've been having some pretty serious medical problems. Surgeries, illnesses, lots of mysterious symptoms, new diagnosis, etc. It sucks. There's plenty of eloquent ways I could illustrate this but really, when you're this out of gas physically, it sucks is about as poetic as you get. In any case, I still stay current with art, music, fashion, film, and literature as much as possible. Sometimes I find myself getting more depressed instead of cheered up by all of it because the sheer enormity of my everyday life has so much BS in it. Not that I'm ungrateful, mind you, I'm not, it's just that the shy glimpses we get of designer's lives, artist's lives, etc, are so narrowed down to a "just so" photoshoot of perfection and hope. At least to me. So in that vein, I was reading and envying Sophomore designer Chrissie Miller's lovely abode and wardrobe on Elle.com and thought I'd fill you in. I'd love it if something in my life was white and clean besides hospitals. Here's to that in the future.